On this page, I illustrate how to create a map for your Pinterest clients in the Travel industry, whether it is being a travel agent, owner of a hotel, or entertainment industry.
On Pinterest, go to the Categories and do the following: (Arrow A in image below)
- Step 1: Click on the category Travel (Arrow B in image above)
As you can see, there are several categories under the Travel category.
- Look at the circled button Hiking in the image above
- Click on the Hiking button
- Step 2: Categories under Hiking (See below)
- You have several categories under this topic (notice the number of followers at the top)
- I have a rental cabin near Cades Cove; therefore, I will click on Appalachian Trail
- Step 3: Categories under Appalachian Trail
- You have several categories under this topic (notice the number of followers of hiking at the top)
- These groups could be used as board names on your account or click on Great Smoky Mountains
- Categories under Great Smoky Mountains
- Here are several more categories that would be good for your boards. Depends on your buyer persona. (notice the number of followers at the top)
These become your keywords for the pin file names, board names, and pin descriptions of pins. You know there is interest in these topics because Pinterest has made groups of followers with these words and you noted the number of followers of each of these topics at the top. You now have your “pathway to profitability.”
Board Name Example in Image Below. Notice words used in name “Great Smoky Mountains Travel and Hiking”
Pin Description Example in image below. Notice words used: “This beautiful, 3-bedroom cabin located at the gate of the Great Smoky Mountains, is a great place for your own travel retreat and hiking.”
Pin File Name Example in the image below. Notice the names of my pin files for this activity. Do not leave names such as numbers or screenshot… The file names helps you to be found also.
This is just one example of “Mapping”. To learn more about how to use effectively with your business, contact Pinterest Pro or sign up for the on-line course which is coming soon. Click here to sign up for a special invitation to the course when completed. http://www.pinterestpro.com/contacts/